The Blog

Alright, so I have been asked by a few family and friends if I would be keeping a journal of sorts to document my time in Paris. Originally I said no, but I decided that it probably is something I should at least take a shot at, if not for those who are interested in reading then for me someday down the road. I've never really been the type of girl to keep a journal or diary or anything so please bare with me as I struggle through my first blogging attempt haha. A few disclaimers- I can't spell to save my life. There are bound to be endless spelling errors for which I apologize in advance. Second, I'm no writer kids! So there is a chance that this may be extremely dull haha. Either way I will do my best to record and convey all of my adventures and excitement from Paris this month!

Bienvenue a ma blog de m'ete a Paris! J'espere que vous l'aimez!
Welcome to my blog from my summer in Paris! I hope you like it!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pub crawls and Pick Pockets

Wow, what a night. It was a lot of fun/an eye opener for sure.

Today started off really nicely. We joined the group of girls from across the hall and decided to hop on a bus and go shopping in Luxembourg! Several of us bought the most amazing pair of wedges (in different colors of course, hah) and I finally got a belt cause I've been pulling my pants up ever since I got here! :) My feet were an issue though, my shoes the night before cut open the tops of my feet so shoes was an interesting situation today. Once again we slept through breakfast so I was starving by the time we got there. But my roommates took all the good food at the sandwich shop (damn them! haha)  so I waited for another place an hour or so later. There were so many cute things that I wanted to buy for people but I figured I should wait since its only my first weekend here and you never know what we'll find! While we were in the shop though one of the women working complimented me on my Crackle nail polish! haha. She wanted to know how it works so we had a little bonding experience over how to apply the crackle polish :)  Then we saw the Pantheon which we stumbled upon by accident haha. So impressive! After our crazy shopping in Luxembourg, we headed back to the hotel for a much needed nap, and we quickly stuffed our faces so we could get ready for the pub crawl we all signed up for!

Chaos. We had no idea which train to take and where, witnessed a fight in one station, and we were traveling in a group of about 15 which made things tricky keeping everyone together. But we eventually made it there and got to see the Moulin Rouge! So awesome! The pub crawl consisted of three bars and a dance club and we got a discounted drink with a free shot at each stop, There were people from all over the world on the tour- London, California, Australia, Oregon, etc. It was awesome getting to meet everyone and talking about our experiences and getting to know them a little bit. Such a good time. Until the end of the night that is...

A group of us decided to leave early so that we could catch the last train back instead of splurging for a taxi. While we were standing on the square waiting to cross the street to the metro station a pick pocket grabbed my friend Julia's clutch and ripped it off of her wrist. By the time we knew what had happened he was already across the street. Stupid mo fo let me tell you if I hadn't been wearing heels... grrr. Poor Julia was a mess. But luckily he only got 20 euros, her phone, license, and room key. All replaceable, and not the passport or a large sum of money. Still it was very unsettling and a major wake up call. Everyone sobered up pretty quickly after that and we hustled back without any more problems. Well major problems. My feet were absolutely killing me in those new shoes, especially after being brutalized the night before so I was hardly capable of walking hah. While on the escalator in the metro station Abby sat down and unhooked one of my sandals and then her metro ticket got lost in the escalator- oops! So we quickly stopped so I could undo my other sandal and then sprinted to catch up with the group. Yes I ran barefoot through the streets of Paris last night! :) Stepped in everything sticky, slimy, and grimy, on my way back... and snuck Abby out of the metro station since she lost her ticket. It was most definitely a night I will never forget in the Red light district of Paris. Oh la la.

C'est la vie a Paris!


The Geneseo Girls at the Paris Pub Crawl!

My new friend Amy and I at the Black Sheep Bar in the Red Light District of Paris!

Our new Shoes!

In front of the Moulin Rouge!


3 comments:

  1. That much adventure in one night!?! Love it! I'm assuming you're the one with the white sandal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're alright! Sounds fun/petrifying--and I know my anti-heel stance is tots right after this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes I am Meg! It was an insane night let me tell you. I still love my heels but I prob should have broken them in a little first... my feet are still recovering! hah

    ReplyDelete