The Blog

Alright, so I have been asked by a few family and friends if I would be keeping a journal of sorts to document my time in Paris. Originally I said no, but I decided that it probably is something I should at least take a shot at, if not for those who are interested in reading then for me someday down the road. I've never really been the type of girl to keep a journal or diary or anything so please bare with me as I struggle through my first blogging attempt haha. A few disclaimers- I can't spell to save my life. There are bound to be endless spelling errors for which I apologize in advance. Second, I'm no writer kids! So there is a chance that this may be extremely dull haha. Either way I will do my best to record and convey all of my adventures and excitement from Paris this month!

Bienvenue a ma blog de m'ete a Paris! J'espere que vous l'aimez!
Welcome to my blog from my summer in Paris! I hope you like it!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Le fin de la journee...

Well I'm home now! The last few days in Paris were nice, but definitely the hardest. It almost seemed as if Paris had had enough of me just as I had had enough of it. 

We decided to go to the Eiffel Tower again just to walk around and see it one last time. It was a beautiful day out until we got there. We took some pictures and then it started to down pour harder than it had the entire time we'd been there. And let me tell you, it had rained pretty much everyday since the first week there. It was still great to be there though and get to see it again in the daylight, but because of the rain we decided not to climb up. It was a sad moment. 

The next day we had lunch at our hostel and the employee at the register was very rude to me. Other students on the trip had encountered such instances with the staff but this was the first time I had. It was kind of upsetting, all I did was ask for some butter and she gave me a great deal of attitude. Then after I took my tray up I slipped and fell on the hard linoleum floors. Apparently they had mopped but not put up a wet floor sign, so I now have a large bruise on my knee. ouch! 

The class decided that we'd all do our own things during the day and then meet up for dinner at 5 in front of the Notre Dame for one last group meal together. I decided to go with a few friends to finish up our souvenir shopping. I finally got my sweatshirt that I had been searching for! Its pink of course and says the Universite de Paris on it. We discovered that about 10 of us all got the same sweatshirt in different colors and so we took a group photo of us all in the airport the next morning before we left- its going to be on the brochure for the program next year! We all met for dinner as planned and found a place that had a deal for 17 euros which included an appetizer, entre, and dessert. I had Mussles in a white wine sauce, Salmon in a white sauce, and creme brulee! Delicious!

After dinner we all went to the Eiffel Tower to see it all lit up one last time. No sooner had we sat down than it started pouring of course! We stayed until it lit up but it just got too cold without an umbrella to stay until 10 and see it sparkle. Then walking back to the metro my friends shoe broke, and then while buying a metro ticket the ticket lady started yelling at my friend. It was just a mess. No one was happy by the time we got back to the hostel. Especially when we realized that our internet subscription had run out! haha. Then when I was trying to use the free wifi in the lobby of the hotel the roof started leaking on my laptop! Just couldn't catch a break haha. Then the next morning when the problems continued! 

We woke up at 7:30 to finish the last of our packing and then get some breakfast. No more croissants! I've had enough of them haha. Then when we went back up to bring our bags down to wait for the bus, two elevators were all of a sudden out of service. Which meant it took me 25 minutes to get an elevator to bring my things down. Then on the bus ride to the airport one of the girls gets sick in the back of the bus. Awesome! When it rains it pours man let me tell you! haha. After delays and medical emergencies and they confiscated my french wine (gahh!) I finally made it to Buffalo and all but sprinted out of the airport to the car! haha While I enjoyed my trip its so true that there's no place like home! Its so nice to be here and just be able to relax for a bit. I really do want to go back someday to see the things I missed out on and explore other places more thoroughly but for now I'm glad to be back in the USA! :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment